Friday, July 29, 2011

Home from holidays!

 I have just been on a week of holidays and it was great! First we drove to Calgary and stayed 1 night. The next day I jumped in with my mother in law and Grandma Stromberg while my husband and his dad and a good friend in our car. The adventures began. My husband started driving towards Golden, B.C. while the car I was in started driving towards Cranbrook, B.C. Josh got to Golden to buy and pick up his new car!!!!!! 1988 BMW that is silver. I don't know the series or anything else but it is pretty sweet.
Doesn't he look happy :)

That has been his face for about a week and a half straight! So happy for him to finally get the car he has been saving for and looking for for almost a year, but dreaming about it longer than that!

Anyways, after he said yes and signed the papers our friend drove it back to Saskatchewan for us while his dad and him jumped back into "MY" car and drove to Cranbrook.
There we met up and started a wonderful family reunion! We had so much fun and it was great to see the cousins on Josh's dads side again! Had a great golf game, great visiting, games and of course laughing! It was a wonderful weekend! 
View from the golf course--I could get used to that. 

A great team for golfing--such great times!

Another amazing view!

My crazy driver! 

And a wonderful family! It was a great weekend to get to know 
everyone a little bit better for me!


On Monday we left Cranbrook and headed to Waterton National Park for a few days of camping! Unfortunately the weather wasn't the greatest but we did get a short hike in and some great relaxing! Of course pizza and ice cream are always part of the plan and they were DELICIOUS! We left on Thursday and came all the way home where Josh went cruising while I stayed home and relaxed! Today we have been busy doing laundry and getting tent and sleeping bags all ready for next time and all that exciting stuff!  I wanted to share a few pictures with you from the reunion and Waterton (my most favorite camping place)! 



4 bears was the count this year!


beautiful trees on our 1 hike that we did--
made it 8 km and then my ankle and knee started to feel it!

A neat picture of the continent where we are adopting from!!
As well, it is in the best coffee place ever!







On our way home--


Last picture near waterton--just as we exited the park over a bridge I asked Josh to pull over to I could take a picture--luckily there were no cars so I got to get out and take this picture!

I hope you all are having a relaxing summer and got to spend some time with your favorite people, at your favorite place or doing some of your favorite things! Its worth it because summer never seems to last as long as it should! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Shaeline for this intimate glimpse into your holiday-- Oh yes, summer goes so quickly and there doesn't seem to be adequate time to spend with all of the special people in our lives --- but, oh, each moment is beautiful!!!! Love each moment with you and Josh too!

    ReplyDelete