Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Running Start 2nd year in a row!

Today is the last day before I venture into another adventure in my summer. I am going to be apart of an amazing opportunity this year called RUN143. This is an opportunity to run 143 km for 143 million orphans in the world. We get to raise awareness about adoption and  we actually get to raise support for an amazing couple who is adopting! We also get to support two baby homes in South Africa and the Adoption Support Center in Saskatoon. I am feeling so blessed to be apart of this ministry and opportunity! Last year was close to home because I got to help bring home my nephew! This year it feels close to home for different reasons! I am very excited (and nervous) to be doing this run this year!

The run is quite the distance and I definitely have not trained as much as I should have. This aspect definitely makes me nervous. So many questions: Can I finish it this year? How is my body going to handle this? What is each day going to feel like? There is so many questions and I just have to remember to trust in God and let him guide me and keep me safe throughout these next 3 days!

If you want to support me I am trying to raise 5$ for 1 km. I am running all 143 km so please if you feel led to support me you can do so two ways!
1. Go to www.run143.com and donate online; OR
2. If you want to write a cheque you can send it to the address on the website under Contact.
If you could please let me know if and when you donate so that I can keep track of my goal that would be great! Thanks!

Please think about it and if you are a praying type to keep us all in your prayers these next 3 days!
Thank you in advance for your support and prayers!
Shaeline

No comments:

Post a Comment