Sunday, August 7, 2011

Blessings--

Yesterday we had the privilege of going to a beautiful wedding in Regina. It was a great day, great weather, beautiful couple and seeing great friends. On the way home it was crazy--unfortunately I don't have any pictures to prove it --but just as we left Regina at 12:30 am we were completely surrounded by lightening! It was amazing, beautiful, scary, intense and nerve wracking but nonetheless my husband pressed on and we made it home! We got home last night around 2:30 am and this morning my amazing husband was at church by 8:45 ready to do sound. I am sure he was exhausted but his amazing quality of loyalty shone through! When I woke up I had the start to a very wonderful day!


9:00- I woke up with a very relaxing start to the day--even got to sit while I ate my breakfast!
10:00- Heading to church with a chai in hand! (The best one I have had in a while!)
10:30- Gathered and worshipping at church. It was an amazing morning with a verse that kept on coming back to me today. Recently we have been having many emotions come through our lives! House hunting (52 houses searched and unsuccessful :)), many big decisions to be made and most recently beginning stages of adoption! We are so very excited for what is ahead of us and this verse I believe is God's message to me for this time in our lives even if it is hard to grasp:
"God will strengthen you with his own great power
 so that you will not give up when troubles come, 
but you will be patient. 
Colossians 1:11
1:00- Came home and enjoyed a great lunch with Josh! 
2:15- Went for a fabulous walk and enjoyed the fresh air with him!
3:00- Finished off the first set of our adoption paperwork! Faxing it in tomorrow!!!
6:00- Picked up my oldest niece and have been enjoying a wonderful evening with her and all day tomorrow!
I have been blessed in so many ways today and I need to take time more often to sit and remember all the blessings I have been given and to think of ways I can be a blessing to others.
My prayer for each of you is that you can find the little blessings in each of your days to come this week!
Be Blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment