Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Patience...

Tonight at life-groups we read through 2 Peter and Jude. The verse that jumped out at me tonight was:


"The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some regard slowness, 
but is being patient toward you, 
because he does not wish for any to perish 
but for all to come to repentance."
2 Peter 3:9

We received an some information today that will delay our adoption process for a bit. It is so hard and yes I cried but after listening and taking the conversation in today at life-groups I got a good reminder. God's timing is the perfect timing! As hard as it is going to be this is just the beginning of things not going MY way, when I want them to etc. I realized its not about me and no, it's not going to be easy but it is important to remember this as the process continues and the more I can trust in it I believe the simpler it will be and maybe easier for me to handle.
Just like it says in the verse, the Lord always knows what he is doing and when he is going to do it even though I think its taking forever or its not happening when it should be God has it timed out just perfect and I need to rest in this fact. 
I have always wanted a family and I believe that God has given me that desire. God tells us he will give us the desires of our hearts but I have to rest in the fact that it will be in his timing and not when I think it should happen. 

I just wanted to share a bit of light that was shed in my life tonight. It's a good reminder! 

About a month ago I realized that time has flown by and it had already been a year since we started trying to have a family. But what is incredible is that is has only drawn us closer together! I wanted to share a picture that makes me love my husband day after day! :) He is going to make an incredible daddy!!!
 (He is holding our nephew)

And another one just because....
I love him!

Be Blessed!
-Shaeline


No comments:

Post a Comment