Sunday, November 3, 2013

Orphan Sunday


While being in South Africa I have taken some time to reflect on what God has been laying on my heart for the last many years: orphan care, foster care and adoption. I have been looking into how I can love and care for orphans on a daily basis and what that might look like in my life and our family! 

Learn to do good.
    Seek justice.
Help the oppressed.
    Defend the cause of orphans.
    Fight for the rights of widows.
Isaiah 1:17

Last Sunday we attended a church who is very passionate about loving and caring for the communities around them. I had been wondering and praying since we got here how I (one person) can help show love and care for the 2 million plus adoptable children in South Africa. There are only approximately 2000 adoptions being done a year so how will these children come to know the love of family? I continue to ask that question and will continue to look into ways of showing love and care to these orphans in my son's home country or in other parts of the world! I pray and actively wait for God to show me what this can look like! 

 Take some time today to reflect and see how God is calling you to care for the orphans in the world. Whether they are in your neighbourhood, city, country or overseas there are many ways to love the orphans in our world.

We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19

Be Blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment